This year we are unable to hold our AGM in person, therefore we will instead be using a Zoom videoconference to hold the meeting, which will take place on Tuesday 13th April at 2pm. All members are invited to join us, and will receive an email from our club secretary, with the details of how to join the Zoom meeting.
The order of the day will be as follows:-
- President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Election of the Administration Group
- Subscriptions for 2021
- Questions from Members
If you will not be attending the AGM and would like to be represented, please complete the Proxy Form, no later than Tuesday 6th April, 2021.
The Structure, functions and activities of the Administrative Group
Our current Constitution allows for at least 6 members in the Administrative Group, and this has been expanded as the membership and our activities have grown. The members of the AG serve for a period of 2 years, after which the election process is repeated. The current AG is as follows:
- The Officers of the club, known as the Bureau
- The President – Belinda Berry
- The Vice-President – Julia Barton
- The Treasurer – Marga Grondsma
- The Secretary – Edwina Silver
- Administrative Group members
- Ingrid Batty (Events)
- Shirley Sears-Black (Refreshments)
- Pam Westcott
- Rosamund Williams
- Luci Wilson (Marketing and Membership)
The functions of the Administration Group are a) to work with our members on the activities undertaken annually within the Club, and b) to elect the Bureau.
The current principal Club activities are as follows:
- The Annual Programme of monthly meetings
- Membership administration
- Publicity and Public Relations
- Events (e.g. Place aux Fleurs, RDV aux Jardins, Journée de l’Arbre)
- Our garden at la Médiévale Argentée, Lauzerte (EHPAD / Maison de Retraite)
- “Ground Force” volunteers
- Outings and visits to gardens (both public and member’s gardens)
- Fund-raising activities and social events
- IT/Website/Social Media
- Refreshments at meetings
If you feel you have the skills and ability to undertake any of these tasks and would like to join the Administration Group, please complete the Candidature Form, no later than Tuesday 6th April, 2021.
Involvement in these activities is not limited to those within the Administration Group, so if you are prepared to help, then the Group will be there for support.
Normally, the AGM would also be a chance to renew your membership, to ensure that you receive all our emails and newsletters. Instead, if you haven’t already done so, you can complete your renewal by using our Membership Form. Included in the form is space for you to tell us about your currents areas of gardening interest, and any skills you have that are relevant to our club, so please take a moment to complete it. We have lots of activities planned for the coming year and look forward to meeting with you again before too long.